Prattle on
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
 
Lately, do to the ridiculous and deadly weather GRC and I have been talking about various disaster and apocalypse movies like Day After Tomorrow. These conversations have, of course, slipped into my subconscious and I, predictably, had a dream about it last night.

In my dream, I was at home and relaxing when something happened, I am not sure what, that wiped out most of the world's population and destroyed the ecosphere. Whatever it was, it was self inflicted - it wasn't the weather or aliens or war - and it was pollution related.

The world had very little water left and very little other natural renewable and non-renewable resources. It was an environmental Armageddon.

Even though there was widespread death and destruction everywhere everyone I cared about lived. Not only did my family live, they moved in with me along with a few friends.

We had to live under cramped conditions and one thing I really remember was that we could only bathe with a Tupperware container full of luke-warm water and a wash cloth.

A few weeks into the crisis, more and more people vanished. Then this old friend of mine hit on me - possibly because I was one of the few remaining women on earth.

This is where the dream takes a strange turn. Some people who were part of the U.S. Army had done the math and decided that with the earth's current state, it can only support, a certain amount of people. Exactly 9,050 less than the earth had on it at that moment. So, they decide that the only answer is to "eliminate" the extra people.

This part of the dream was really scary. There was this really scary army guy with these super binoculars that could see the whole world through and you could hear everyone's conversations. You could hear the whole world through them. I could see him because I was hiding in the bushes and the other people around him will all wearing army gear and had these big guns and a large metal trunk full of American money. Then one of the soldiers stole some of the money out of the trunk and I saw her do it. Then she saw me and knew that I saw her.

This is where I woke up, thankfully. I was very scared.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger