Prattle on
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
 
Life is about personal growth and I think that every day we learn things about ourselves. With this knowledge we can move forward and be better human beings.

You know what I've learned about myself in the past couple weeks? Where people are concerned, I have a limit. This came as a bit of a surprise as I am actually very friendly, outgoing and welcoming. Also, I love meeting new people. However, as it turns out, I don't like dealing with people as much as I thought I did. Certainly less than my bosses think I do.

See, I work with the public. A large part of my job is dealing with people across the country. It has been my experience that in general, most people make things harder rather than easier. People are stubborn, single minded, short sighted, spoiled and, yes, stupid. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Now I really think the reason I like martial arts so much is because I secretly want to smash people.

How will this knowledge help me? In my next job, the last thing I am going to want to do is deal with the mass of humanity at the gate.

What brought this on? I've been at work for 30 minutes now and have had to answer about 15 stupid stupid questions. The last one went like this: "If there is no reserved seating, how will we know where to sit?"
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger