Prattle on
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
 
It has been a while since I've written. I was trapped at a trade show in Ottawa. That's right, Ottawa + Trade Show + March. Does that sound exciting or what?

I was there with my sister. She and I are almost complete opposites. I realized that while we both get grumpy, it is at very different times. I wouldn't classify myself as a morning person, per se, but I am generally pleasant in the morning and not angry at the day for arriving. My sister, on the other hand, is about as personable as an angry raccoon in the AM. She then becomes lesser degrees of touchy as the day wears on.

At night, if it is past my bed time and I am very tired, I get really pissy and easily irritated. Every rose has it's thorn, I guess. Except I am all thorn, no rose at about 11:15pm after a hard day. My sister can be exhausted and she will still have the patience of a kindergarten teacher. I don't know how she does it.

Anyway, the trade show was boring and Ottawa was alright. We had some good food and visited a good friend.

I should say that I have noticed one similarity between us. In conversation, I think we both sometimes talk as if we are explaining things to people who already know exactly what we are talking about. She does it more than I do, but still, I will try to stop myself.

OK, it is time I introduced a new feature to the blog - well, the only feature - Freak of the Week. Here, I will highlight the freak shows I encounter in my daily life. This week, I want to tell you about an older man I saw at the trade show. This sexy senior clearly biked to the trade show. He seems real proud of his physique. He walked around, in public in nothing but an electric blue unitard. That's right, he was stuffed head to toe into an extremely tight biking outfit that left NOTHING to the imagination. It was lovely.
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger