Prattle on
Thursday, March 31, 2005
 
So, this morning I woke up at five minutes to 8. Needless to say I was going to be late for work. But, since I don’t care about my job anymore, I didn’t beat myself up about it. I wonder if creepy old men get more affected by spring than the rest of us. I wonder this because as I walked out of the house this morning and had to have this conversation:

Creepy old man, “Ah, good morning”
Me, locking my door, “Good morning”
COM, “You go to work”
Me, “Yes, and I’m running late.”
COM, “You married.”
Me, wondering where this conversation is going, “No, I’m not”
COM, “You have a boyfriend.”
Me, for some reason unable to lie, “No, not right now.”

Then there was a strange misunderstanding

COM, “I do.”
Me, “You have a boyfriend?”
COM, “Yes”

Then, it becomes clear it was just a language problem.

COM, “I can be good boyfriend. You beautiful, I treat you nice.”
Me, “No, thank you. I have to go now”

So, I crossed the road and the creepy old man made kissing noises at me from across the street all the way to the corner where another creepy old man smiled at me and started whispering things to me.
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger