Prattle on
Wednesday, March 02, 2005
 
What is the etiquette with delivery men? Yesterday, a delivery guy came to drop off some new arm chairs to our apartment. He was real cute but that is beside the point. He arrived alone and I helped him bring the chairs up the stairs (I have to say that I was really impressed with the way this guy picked the chairs off the delivery truck, ran them across the street and then jumped over a snow bank. He actually jumped!).

As he was getting set to leave it was a little awkward which made me wonder if I should tip the guy. Although, I did a good portion of the work. Perhaps I should have offered the guy a coffee or a beer or something. But, with him being so cute, I didn't want to give him the wrong impression. Especially since I was obviously impressed with his strength. Also he was very complimentary on my apartment and about how helpful I was. I'm not saying there was a 'connection' in a "The Batchelorette" sense, but it was strange.

I know this guy who is a handy man in a condominium complex. He tells me that women call him to come fix things and when he gets there, they will open the door wearing silk nighties, or nothing but bathrobes. He isn't even as cute as this delivery guy.

I can only imagine what kind of tips this guy gets!
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger