Prattle on
Friday, April 01, 2005
 

I think I am in what is know the last couple days of my cold. I've become so accustomed to it that I'm going to give it a name, Pete. My cold's name is Pete. Pete's been hanging around for a few days now and it looks like he doesn't want to leave although I have been showing him the door since the day we met. Pete won't leave me the hell alone and he ain't cute.
Although, it seems all the bad vibes I have been giving out at the office have magically found their way to the one person I have directing them at. They whizzed around my interns and flew straight past my one boss and hit my other boss dead in the sinus. Yes folks, I have managed to give my boss the terrible cold I have been suffering with. He started clearing his throat this morning and by 2:30pm he had a full-on cough. I was obviously pleased. The really funny thing is that I could hear him on the phone talking about it saying "Well, that Deborah must be mad at me or something. She gave me her damn cold." I was like WOW, that is EXACTLY what happened. I was so pissed off, I actually willed my germs over to him! I love this new found power. I'm going to use it all next week. I'm going to see if I can make him get a period. That would be sweet. He'd have to take the day off.
My other boss has been staying away from me for the week partially because of the cold. But also because I have made it clear that I don't feel like being nice to anyone. He has, although, been trying to placate me with cds. I find this hilarious because he is under the impression that I have a deep love for world music. So, normally he gives me some cd featuring a wailing tribe's man from Papua New Guinea and a didgeridoo soloist mixed by Manu Chao. Thanks (If I've offended any world music, didgeridoo, or Manu Chao fans out there, I don't care). But, this time he gave me M.I.A. It's EXCELLENT. She's this London born Sri Lankan hip hop artist. It's a bomb, yo. So run, yo.

So, I was chatting with my new intern today. I'll call her IT&T. Why T&T because she is pure Trinidad and Tobago. She's 21 and hilarious. She's all excited because her family is having her walk the front line at Caribana this year. What does that mean? Well, for those of you not in the Caribbean community I'll explain. They are going to dress her up in a skimpy costume (there will most likely be a liberal use of glitter and gold make-up) and then she will gyrate down Lakeshore Blvd for hours while relatives pour scotch in her mouth. Ah, tradition.

Anyway, thankfully the week is over and I can curl up on the couch and get some rest so that Pete will finally get the hell out of my life.


|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger