Prattle on
Friday, April 29, 2005
 
So, I know I have complained about street fashion before and I don’t want to come off as a clothing tyrant, but I saw something yesterday evening that made me question someone’s sanity.

Remember about a year and a half ago when for some reason girls were wearing all of their clothes at once? Like a pair of jeans, a knee length skirt, four shirts, a cardigan and about 12 beaded necklaces. I think it is safe to say that they looked like morons. Anyway, thankfully that age group reads Vice on the regular and thankfully Vice publishes pictures of people looking like idiots, because, they published a picture of two of these girls and called their style “Partying” and made fun of them. The “partying” style stopped soon there after. Yeah Vice! Well, soon there after, for some reason, a few girls decided that their mom’s old slips were really pretty and they started wearing those as actual outer wear (they may have picked this up from Goth girls wearing black slips, but for some reason, Goth girls can get away with it). That also seems to have stopped. I am not sure why – I rarely read Vice, so perhaps there was another little article. Mind you, I think it may have stopped because people came to their sense and realized that most slips are made from really cheap polyester, from the lace on the bottom to the stitch in the seam and yes, they look cheap and in order for slips to really look good, you have to be at home and in the dark.

Well, it seems my girl at the street car stop at Carleton and Sherbourne NEVER reads Vice and is in some sort of fashion time warp. She had rewound the partying look and threw in a dash of old slip. That’s right, over her blue jeans this girl was wearing a turquoise bottom slip. She looked like an idiot. The slip was even a little too big and FULL of wrinkles which makes me think that she found said slip at the closest Value Village and just HAD to have it!

What she needs to know is this: Slips are lingerie. They belong under your clothes or, if you wanna show off a nice slip, they belong in the bedroom with your lover, mood lighting and perhaps some slow jams. In that scenario, slips look HOTTT (That’s hot with three t’s)! But in the cold light of day, they make you look like a moron.

THIS JUST IN:

On Feb 4th I wrote a blog about my boss using the term Mullato and me telling him that the term is antiquated. Well, my roommate and I talked about this for hours and as the topic meandered into the borderline crazy we got into the realm of animal husbandry leading to a post about Ligers and Tigons a few weeks later. Well, GRC just sent me this link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050428.wzonkey0428/EmailBNStory/International/
Yes people, it's a Zonkey. That's Zebra + Donkey.
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger