Prattle on
Wednesday, April 13, 2005
 
So, you know what I learned today?

There is a flood in my office and I learned that while using a wet vac, do NOT stand right in the path of the air it expels while it is sucking up water. Now, my throat hurts and I’m coughing like a homeless smoker. So, while the Wet Vac and I had a lasting and loving relationship, it has finally betrayed me.

Anne, the former building manager who has come back to deal with the situation for the landlord seems to think the flood is under my sole jurisdiction. She keeps talking to me about insurance and coverage and the rent, as well as the possibility of moving out stuff into an adjoining office. Today we had this conversation:

Anne: So, Debbie what time are you normally in in the mornings?
Me: 20 or 15 minutes to 9.
Anne: Well, the city is coming to take a water sample for testing at 8:00am.
Me: 8:00AM?!

Luckily, one of the cooks from the restaurant will be coming in to deal with it.

So, yeah, the city is testing the water to see if it is city water (therefore treated with fluoride) or some other kind of water. I like to think Warrick from CSI will be doing the testing, and that he will be coming to the office personally to deliver the results. But folks, that ain’t gonna happen.

A girl can dream. A girl stuck in a wet, mouldy, stinky basement 8 hours a day HAS to dream.
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger