Prattle on
Monday, July 18, 2005
 
So, today is a big day for the cat I used to live with. Really, GRC and I were renting rooms in his apartment.

Anyway, the cat…well, the cat is large, I’m talking 22 pounds large. His name Oscar but generally goes by several endearments ranging from Fatty Boom-Boom to 2Phat (his rapper name). The last time he went to the vet she prescribed some special food for him in hopes that he’d loose a pound a year. Since then, Fat Oscar has been having some issues and today is the day some of those issues get rectified. Today, Oscar is getting a tooth pulled and that should solve some of his problems. Personally, I pray is solves his bad breath problem as the cat suffers from extreme halitosis. Those of us who love him also suffer from his extreme halitosis.

He’ll be knocked out with a general anaesthetic as a local one may push him over the edge toward feline diabetes. The vet has never operated on “a cat this size” so she is concerned about how much medication is needed to knock the fat bastard out. Then of course they worry about a cat of that size asleep on his back for so long. I’ll be thinking about the fat one all day.

The vet inquired about how much Oscar likes his new food and then answered her own question when she discovered that he had gained 350 grams. The cat is fat.

So, on the weekend, it got pretty warm here and as the temp goes up, it seems that my standards of acceptable dress plummets. It’s like I loose all shame at the 33-degree mark. So, do my neighbours, apparently. On Saturday, I was out on the balcony – or terrace in the local parlance. I share it with the couple beside me. We both keep our back door open to encourage airflow through the apartment. I stepped out there to hopefully catch a breeze and when I turned around there was my neighbour cooking pad thai in her underwear. At least I now know we have something in common. We both like those hot shorts from American Apparel.
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger