Prattle on
Friday, August 05, 2005
 
So, the excitement is building. Today GRC and Sully and Vijay are coming to visit. They will probably roll into Montreal at about midnight. They are coming and I am thrilled.

Note on GRC: I’ve been thinking about it and now that I no longer live with GRC, I can no longer call her GRC. It was short for “Greatest Roommate in Creation” but now I shall call her Max, short for “Maximizer.” That’s her nick-name.

Before Max, Vijay and Sully get here I have to clean ma petite apartemant. It’s not so messy, but I have to sweep the floor. And, I have an embarrassing amount of empty ice cream containers and wine bottles for a single person. It’s only me living there, but you’d think I was feeding three kids and two alcoholics. Really the empty wine bottles are from since I moved here and I almost always share the wine with my neighbours. I wish I could say the same about the ice cream.

In truth I am teetering dangerously close to a Bridget Jones existence, and although she clearly had a good time and got to make out with both Hugh Grant and Colin Firth in one year, I fear I will not have the same luck.

So, I made the executive decision to cut down on the ice cream and join the gym near my office. Right now the only exercise I am getting is the walk to or from work and most of this week I took the metro. With the aforementioned increase in my ice cream intake, my fitness may become an emergency. Decision made, and there is a super cheap gym right near my office. Although the gym is for women only and I like boys with my barbells. It’s only 70 bucks for six months so I’ll just try it out and see if I like it.

I made this decision and than made the mistake of watching Entertainment Tonight’s hard hitting investigative reporting on Carnie Wilson’s baby weight gain and fight to loose it, I was inspired. She’s so motivated. I later felt the deep deep same plus size model Toccara Jones must have felt when she was chastised for not loosing enough weight. I mean she is amazing looking and she earns a lot of money based on her fantastic full figure and she out and out said that she is happy with the way she looks and feels good when she looks in the mirror. But with the help of former 227 star, Jackee I think she realized that she should be ashamed of herself. Now that she has been reduced to tears on VH1 she’s finally on the right track.

How is anyone supposed to feel good about themselves when that is on the TV?
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger