Prattle on
Friday, December 02, 2005
 
So, last night, I spent some quality time at the gym. I was also there on Tuesday. In fact, I kinda over did it as I was working out some frustration I had built up during the day. It was great for the spirit, but bad for the body.

Anyway, I was on the treadmill when that new Madonna song, Hung Up, came pouring out of the gym speakers. Now, the first time I heard the song, I wasn’t that impressed by it. In fact, Madonna started to bore me right after Vogue. So, the chances that she was gonna win me over now, were slim. Add to that, the song was mixed with an Abba song. I have always disliked Abba. In fact, I think that they should be charged for their crimes. They have tortured the western world with Mama Mia.

Perhaps it was the pace of the treadmill or the beating of my heart, but my god did that song take my workout to a whole new level. Now I love it. I’m singing it in my head right now, in fact.

The rest of the album is just ho hum. It doesn’t stand up to Kylie’s “Fever” for pure fun value. Also, I think this album has probably the worst lyrics known to man. Perhaps they have embraced the dance music genre too much. So, “Hung Up” gets an A from me. The rest of the album gets a C+.

I am glad that I warmed up to the song. I can be pretty single minded. I feel the need to say that nothing will warm me up to that moronic song by the Back Eyed Peas. Which moron wrote “What you gonna do with all that ass in your jeans?”
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger