Prattle on
Saturday, April 22, 2006
 
So, last night was yet another strange episode in my life where my professional and social life sort of merged into one drunken evening involving me, too much wine, and a Canadian icon. My friends may recall the night when Farley Mowatt looked at me, said “Hubba hubba” and then planted one on me. That was pretty funny. That story got me some good mileage. Indeed last night, I told that story to people I have no business talking to or being at the same party as. Nevertheless, there I was telling film directors, inventors, violinists and television produces about the time the eighty-year-old writer kissed me in the home of Anna Porter, and they laughed.

I had a good time, but really my problem is that I just have too much free booze at these things. I mean, I’m not the only one, but I am not actually part of these social circles. So, it is not like I am getting drunk with a bunch of my friends. I really should be on my best behaviour because it is not like these people are going to hang out with me the next day laughing over my antics at the open bar while putting back the home fries portion of the hangover breakfast. These are well placed professionals who can replace me by just snapping their fingers.

So, I have decided to make a resolution: less wine at professional events. I really think that this is the direction I should go in.
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger