Prattle on
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
 
So, last night I finally made it o the YMCA in my neighbourhood to have my free trial work out. I have been back and forth about rekindelling my relationship with the YMCA since our break-up in Toronto was so ugly. It just refused to see the simple fact of it and continued to force itself on me for months after I moved to Montreal. They even tried to make things hard for my sister. The end finally came when I screamed at them over the phone, “I’ve sent you faxes, I have told you in person, I have even stopped payment at the back, what more do I have to do for you to get the message that it is OVER!”

When I moved to Montreal, I started seeing another gym U.N.I. Training. It spoiled me for other gyms. It is amazing there. The staff is fantastic, and the work out environment is second to none. It has hardwood floors, cool music and the requisite eye candy that keeps you coming back for more. However, since I moved neighbourhoods it is too far away to get to.

But, just as I spoiled myself with the gym, over the past three months I have spoiled myself with the premium ice cream and total body laziness that is as satifying as it is destructive.

With this in mind, I went to the YMCA for my free work out. It was good and I even checked out their Kung Fu class. That’s right, they have Kung Fu. Now, some people may know that I have a bit of a liking for martial arts. I have a red belt in Taekwon-Do and I had a brief relationship with the Brazilian art of Capoeira (it was cut short by an argument with an instructor and a pair of tight white see-through pants). The kung Fu looks really cool, but there is no yelling it, which really is the best part of martial arts. You don’t get to yell when you hit someone. So, I would kind of feel cheated.

Anyway, it is time for me to get myself back to fighting shape.
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger